Sunday, March 25, 2012

Free Spring Literacy Centers!

I created 4 literacy centers using the adorable Rainy Day graphics from KPM Doodles. I was planning on creating both math & literacy stations but thanks to the flash sale that Rachelle from What the Teacher Wants had, I bought her Spring Time Math Centers for half off. I love flash sales! : )

This is only the 2nd time that I've made my own work station items- it was one of my goals to do it more this year. I thought about what we're doing these next two weeks as it takes 2 weeks for everyone to make it to every station (I have 8 total for both math and reading). Anyways, I downloaded it onto TPT and it's your for free!

This is the first time I've ever created a cover and I think it's pretty stinkin' cute. One thing that scares me is giving credit to those who deserve it...For the life of me I can not find where I downloaded this cute frame from. If anyone knows who it came from, please let me know so I can give them credit!

Here are the 4 different literacy centers:
1) Spring Time Story Order- Students put 4 different sentences in the correct order to make a paragraph.
2) Compare and Contrast- Students pick a card containing 2 pictures and use a Venn Diagram to compare and contrast the 2 times.
3) Noun and Adjective Match- Students separate the nouns and adjective cards and pick an appropriate adjective to describe each noun.
4) Word sort with or and ar words
5) Writing paper for Rainy Day story

I would love it if anyone could use these to help them plan. Lord knows I've used others ideas enough times! I'd love to know what you think if you download it. Hope you all have a great start to your week!

One last thing- can anyone tell me how to insert lines into documents? Not just a regular line but the lines that help students form their letters (I can't think of what to call it!) I'm not sure if there's a font that has it or if it's something else? As you can tell, I'm clueless. Thanks in advance for any help with this. :)

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Sorry I don't know about the lines. I teach biguns. But I can STILL use your cute stuff to remediate! Thanks!
    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elisabeth,
    I have that same great frame on my hard drive and it's from LoveTwoTeach. Thanks for sharing the centers - I'm off to download them now!
    - Amanda {avphilli@gmail.com}
    Inspired in Second

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elisabeth! I use tables in Power Point and Word to make writing paper. I make two rows and make the bottom and top lines solid and the middle line a dash. Don't forget to remove the left and right borders!

    ReplyDelete